With a long and successful history of working with government agencies and public-sector clients, we are well-qualified to meet the stringent deadlines, budgets and security requirements required by the federal contracting process. We understand the need for disciplined stewardship of public funds—and current needs to accomplish more with fewer resources. We are accustomed to working with all project delivery methods and all phases of construction programs/projects, from preliminary consulting through infrastructure development to construction/construction management and commissioning. Our in-house preconstruction team ensures accurate budgets, schedules, value-engineering and reliable project documentation. Having a deep bench of LEED Accredited Professionals allows us to identify creative ways to meet and exceed requirements for energy efficiency and sustainable construction.
- Longstanding commitment to safety
- Established quality-assurance tools, processes and project-control systems geared to public clients
- Registered engineers and architects on staff to provide technical and design expertise
- The most advanced virtual construction (ViCon) expertise
- Industry experts in security, procurement and logistics
- Longstanding commitment to partnering with small businesses and diverse vendors
- Understanding of federally mandated practices
In its early years, Kitchell-Phillips Contractors (our predecessor) was aided by the onset of the Korean War, representing the company’s first federal work, with projects at Arizona’s Luke Air Force Base and the Yuma Army Test Station. The most important of these wartime contracts was the rehabilitation and improvement of the Tank Training Command located at Camp Irwin in the Mojave Desert in California.
The size of the contract doubled to nearly $2 million by the end of 1952. Other federal projects throughout the years include the Fort Wainwright Commissary in Alaska, the Naval Commissary in San Diego and the Peterson Air Force Base Commissary and Exchange in Colorado Springs, Colo.