A new $40 million, two-story community college performing and instructional arts and regional performance facility comprising approximately 89,395-sf constructed at Folsom Lake College designed by LPAS Architecture + Design. The project includes an 850-seat multipurpose theater, a full fly tower and orchestra pit, a 210-seat studio theatre, 110-seat recital hall, choral rehearsal hall, scene shop, as well as other back-of-house and technical theater and music education facilities. The project also includes faculty and administrative offices and a public lobby area, gallery, art education and public support functions. Design services consist of architectural, civil, landscape, structural, mechanical, electrical, data-telecommunications, theater and acoustical engineering services.
- The project has been recognized with multiple awards including:
- 2011 American School & University Outstanding Building Award – American School & University
- 2011 CCFC Design Excellence Award
- 2011 Project of the Year Award, Community Impact Category – Sacramento Business Journal
- 2012 WCCC Owner’s Project Excellence Award