With a successful track-record of design-build projects for this client, Kitchell and its design partner are currently at work on a new patient addition and modernization project that will meet state-required seismic safety standards for acute-care facilities. The freestanding acute care replacement building will connect to an existing hospital.
The building fulfills Senate Bill 90 seismic requirements and a host of other requirements that incorporate modern healthcare evidence-based design concepts. This includes strategic way finding to align new services with the existing emergency department, imaging and ICU.
A state-of-the-art surgery suite features:
• 2 general operating rooms
• 1 orthopedic operating room
• 1 cardiac catheterization lab
• Pre-operative/post-anesthesia care unit
• 72,342 SF addition
• 50 private, patient-centered rooms
• Dining area / kitchen and servery
• Main entrance / lobby / gift shop / chapel / pharmacy
• Central sterile supply